Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baby Ducks and Fauxhawks


The baby ducks arrived last night!  Little mama and her six tiny babies have been 'cruising the strip' in the stream in front of our house.  The fuzzy little golf ball sized ducklings are darling and are keeping up with their mother. 


My own little ducklings were in desperate need of a haircut and as Daddy (who usually does it) is out of town, it was up to this little mama to make it happen. 

Brad is pretty meticulous about the whole process.  Their little crew cuts couldn't look better even if they'd been done by a professional.  I, on the other hand am not so good at it.  This time, they asked for Mohawks.  I'm not much of a Mohawk fan, but we settled on modest fauxhawks.  They were thrilled!  I'm confident I didn't do it right, but they're none the wiser and were more than happy to let me snap a few pictures before bed.

According to the little one, Jacob looks like a Rock Star!



1 comment: